Pros and Cons of The Ways to get Vietnam visa
To prepare for a trip, visa might be the most time-consuming step. You may refer to the ways to get a Vietnam visa but you still feel it is difficult to choose the best way for you. Keep reading to have the right decision.
- You can apply online to get a Vietnam visa at any time, any place.
- You can get a stamp visa at 28 gates including 8 international airports, 13 international border checkpoints, and 7 seaports in Vietnam.
- You need to wait at least 3 working days to know whether your application is issued or not.
- E-visa is for those coming to Vietnam to travel. Therefore, there is only one kind of visa: 1-month single entry.
- E-visa is not provided for citizens from all countries, it is applied for 80 countries.
- E- visa fee is 25USD not being refunded in case your visa application is not approved. It’s quite a risk
Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy/ consulate
- This way maybe more secure
- You will get your stamp visa before you come to Vietnam, it seems to make you feel more comfortable.
- You can enter Vietnam through the airport, seaport or border checkpoint by Vietnam visa obtained at the Vietnam embassy/ consulate.
- To get a Vietnam visa at the embassy/ consulate, there are many required documents you have to prepare. It can make you feel confused or difficult.
- It can take 5 working days.
- The cost of getting a Vietnam visa at the embassy/ consulate is more expensive than getting a Vietnam visa on arrival.
- You need to directly come to the embassy/ consulate. Vietnam embassies/ consulates are not available in every country.
Visa On Arrival (VOA)
- You can save your time because you don’t need to go to Vietnam embassy or consulate
- You don’t need to send your original passport. All required information is quite simple including name, nationality, date of birth, passport number, entry date and expiry date of your passport.
- The cost of VOA is cheaper than the cost of Vietnam visa at the embassy
- It will take about 2 working days. It’s quite quick. Especially if you need an urgent Vietnam visa, you can pay an additional fee, the company will just work within 2-4 hours to have visa approval letter for you.
- VOA is issued through travel agencies or companies offering visa assistance services. In case your information meets any problem, hassles, they will work with the Vietnam Immigration Department on your behalf.
- You can directly chat with the staff at that company. They will support you.
- You will use the service of companies offering visa assistance.
- After the company works with the Vietnam Immigration Department and they send a visa approval letter for you via email. And when you come to Vietnam, you have to fight at one of the airports including Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Danang, Cam Ranh, Cat Bi to get a stamp visa and complete the process of applying for a Vietnam visa.