Vietnam visa for citizens of Hong Kong
Documents required Vietnam visa for passport holders of Hong Kong
Vietnam tourist/business visa is required for all HongKong passport holders living in Hong Kong or in other countries.
Prepare these required documents before applying for a Vietnamese visa:
- Your passport (still valid for at least 6 months starting from the entry date to Vietnam and have at least 2 pages empty)
- Two (02) passport-sized photos: 4 x 6 cm or 2 x 2 inches;
- Sponsorship letter from a licensed company in Vietnam (if you wish to apply business visa);
- Visa fee;
How to apply Vietnam visa for Hong Kong citizens?
This will present ways to apply for Vietnam visa for HongKong citizen or residents of other countries which are not included in Vietnam visa exemption list currently staying in this country. You can choose 1 of 2 following options:1
Applying for Vietnam Visa On Arrival (visa picked up at Vietnam International Airports)
Follow 3 simple steps to obtain Vietnam visa on arrival
- Fill in the Visa form online. Confirm and Pay.
- Get your Approval Letter Via your Email.
- Get Visa Stamped at the Vietnam Airport
For more details click here.
Visa on arrival fee for Hong Kong citizens
The cost for Vietnam visa on arrival includes:
- Visa service fee (varies based on the number of applicants, the type of visa and the processing time and paid online)
- Visa stamping fee (directly paid in cash to Custom Officials at Vietnam arrival airports, cash is preferred)
Tourist Visa Fee
|Type of visa||Service fee||Stamping fee|
|1 month single entry||13 USD||25 USD|
|1 month multiple entry||18 USD||50 USD|
|3 months single entry||23 USD||25 USD|
|3 months multiple entry||55 USD||50 USD|
Business Visa Fee
|Type of visa||Service fee||Stamping fee|
|1 month single entry||90 USD||25 USD|
|1 month multiple entry||95 USD||50 USD|
|3 months single entry||120 USD||25 USD|
|3 months multiple entry||135 USD||50 USD|
Applying for visa at Embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong
You should apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnamese Embassy in HongKong in case you are traveling to Vietnam via land or sea border crossings. For a tourist/business visa, here are the documents you should prepare:
- Visa application form. You can fill in the online form at https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/_layouts/registration/ApplicationForm.aspx or Download form file PDF and print out fill in.
- Visa fee: This must be bank transfer notes, cashier’s checks. Cash pay only applies in case you send the application form directly to Vietnamese Embassies. This fee may subject to the type of visa you are applying for. The fee and procedure may differ in different countries, so you should contact the Embassy or Consulate that shall receive your application.
- Post fee: In case you want your passport and result package delivered by post (most recommended FedEx and USPS)
- Operation time: 4 to 5 working days
You should contact the Embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong before applying for a Visas.
Frequently asked questions
I want to stay in Vietnam around 65days. What type of visa that I should apply?
Regarding your question, we would like to reply that a 3-month (single/multiple) tourist visa is suitable for your schedule.
You can apply here or send us your passport information page with your expected arrival date so that we can support further.
I’m Hong Kong citizens. I wish to apply for 1-month single entry Vietnamese visa, tourist. How long does it take?
Please be kindly informed that we can support you to get a visa approval letter within 2 working days. It case you need it urgently, we can support you to get it in 1 working day or even 2-4 working hours. And then, you will get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
Kindly apply here or send us your passport information page with your expected arrival date so that we can support further.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know.
I’m from Hongkong. I wish to travel to Vietnam on 24 Dec. If I apply for visa now, will it expires before I departure?
Please note that the date that you apply for your visa will not affect the validity of you visa. You visa is valid from the day you enter Vietnam to the approved exit date on your approval letter. Hence, you can apply for your visa now for better preparation.