Vietnam visa for citizens of India
Documents required Vietnam visa for passport holders of India
Vietnam tourist/business visa is required for all Indian passport holders living in India or in other countries.
Prepare these required documents before applying for a Vietnamese visa:
- Your passport (still valid for at least 6 months starting from the entry date to Vietnam and have at least 2 pages empty);
- Two (02) passport-sized photos: 4 x 6 cm or 2 x 2 inches;
- Sponsorship letter from a licensed company in Vietnam (if you wish to apply business visa);
- Visa fee;
How to apply Vietnam visa for Indian citizens?
This will present ways to apply for Vietnam visa for Indian citizen or residents of other countries which are not included in Vietnam visa exemption list currently staying in this country. You can choose 1 of 2 following options:1
Applying for Vietnam Visa On Arrival (visa picked up at Vietnam International Airports)
Follow 3 simple steps to obtain Vietnam visa on arrival
- Fill in the Visa form online. Confirm and Pay.
- Get your Approval Letter Via your Email.
- Get Visa Stamped at the Vietnam Airport
For more details click here.
Visa on arrival fee for Indian citizens
The cost for Vietnam visa on arrival includes:
- Visa service fee (varies based on the number of applicants, the type of visa and the processing time and paid online)
- Visa stamping fee (directly paid in cash to Custom Officials at Vietnam arrival airports, cash is preferred)
Tourist Visa Fee
|Type of visa||Service fee||Stamping fee|
|1 month single entry||13 USD||25 USD|
|1 month multiple entry||18 USD||50 USD|
|3 months single entry||23 USD||25 USD|
|3 months multiple entry||55 USD||50 USD|
Business Visa Fee
|Type of visa||Service fee||Stamping fee|
|1 month single entry||90 USD||25 USD|
|1 month multiple entry||95 USD||50 USD|
|3 months single entry||120 USD||25 USD|
|3 months multiple entry||135 USD||50 USD|
Applying for visa at Embassy of Vietnam in India
You should apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnamese Embassy/Consulate in India in case you are traveling to Vietnam via land or sea border crossings. Here are the documents you should prepare:
- Visa application form. You can fill in the online form at https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/_layouts/registration/ApplicationForm.aspx or Download form file PDF and print out fill in.
- Visa fee: This must be bank transfer notes, cashier’s checks. Cash pay only applies in case you send the application form directly to Vietnamese Embassies. This fee may subject to the type of visa you are applying for. The fee and procedure may differ in different countries, so you should contact the Embassy or Consulate that shall receive your application.
- Post fee: In case you want your passport and result package delivered by post (most recommended FedEx and USPS)
- Operation time: 4 to 5 working days
You should contact the Embassy of Vietnam in India before applying for a Visas.
Frequently asked questions
I’m Indian citizen. Is it possible to take a visa at the airport from Ho Chi Minh City?
Yes, sir. The kind of visa you are mentioning is called Vietnam visa on arrival. To get it, you need to apply online to get visa approval letter before your departure to Vietnam. With this letter, you will take the flight to Vietnam and then get the official visa stamp once you arrive at Vietnam airport.
Here is the link to apply: Online form for Vietnam visa for Indian citizens.
I want to stay in Vietnam for 40 days. How can I apply for 2 month single entry visa?
Kindly note that you can only apply for a 1 month or 3 month (single/multiple) visa.
In this case, we suggest applying for 3 month (single/multiple) visa so that it can cover your itinerary.
Should you need further support, please let us know.
Is the stamping fee for a single entry 1 month visa $25 or $45?
The stamping fee for single entry visa (1 month or 3 months) at this moment is USD 25.00/person. As for multiple entries visa (1 month or 3 months), the stamping fee is USD 50.00/person.
I’ll be arriving at Hanoi Airport late at night (at 01:15), can I pick up the Visa on arrival?
Yes. The VOA counter at all international airports of Vietnam works 24/7, as such you can pick up your visa at any time upon your landing.