How to extend the Business visa for foreigners in Vietnam?
What is a Business visa?
A business visa is a type of visa issued by a competent authority of Vietnam to foreigners entering Vietnam to work with businesses. Vietnam business visa is valid for no more than 12 months, and you will have to extend your business visa if you want to continue working in Vietnam. If not, you will be subject to an administrative fine and leave a bad mark on the file of the Vietnam Immigration Department and make their next return to Vietnam more difficult. After the extension, if you leave Vietnam even though the expiry date has not been reached, the extended visa will automatically expire.
Requirements to extend a Business visa in Vietnam
- The foreign passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the time of renewal/re-issuance and has at least 2 blank pages;
- Foreigners staying in Vietnam must have a paper or book confirming temporary residence registration;
- Foreigners are required to have a company or organization in Vietnam to guarantee the application;
- Foreigners during their stay in Vietnam do not violate Vietnamese law.
What you need to know about visa extension in Vietnam
- Guests can only extend for a maximum of 1 year, after that they will change to work permits (Work permits) according to the procedures below.
- The extended visa will be valid for one entry, after the extension if the foreigner leaves Vietnam, the extended visa will automatically expire.
Documents need to be prepared
- Notarized copy of documents of the guarantor in Vietnam;
- Form NA5 for business visa extension for foreigners, which are signed and stamped by the legal representative of the business;
- Original passport and valid Vietnam visa, for the right purpose of entry;
- Medical declaration;
- Form explaining the reason for renewal;
- Approve personnel of the People’s Committee;
- Company introduction letter;
- Temporary residence paper;
Note: In case of change company, passport holders need to prepare extra document as below:
+New contract with a new company (If any)
Visa extension procedures for foreigners in Vietnam
At this time, there are 2 ways to extend your business visa in Vietnam:
- Contact a visa agency and ask them to do it for you;
- Self-extend visa at Vietnam Immigration Department.
As for the case of visa extension through a visa agency
- Step 1: Send a photocopy of the passport page and the page containing the valid visa to the agent’s email address, and the staff will check, let you know if the visa is renewable.
- Step 2: Send your original passport to the visa agency and pay the required fees
- Step 3: Get back your passport with an extended visa within 8 working days for normal processing or 4 working days for urgent processing.
If you want to extend your visa yourself, please go to one of the addresses below:
- Hanoi: 44 – 46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh City: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, HCMC
- Da Nang: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang 550000
Vietnam Business visa extension time
- Visa extension for 1 month;
- Visa extension for 3 months.
This article provides you with information on Business visa extension procedures for foreigners in Vietnam. Hope it can help you to understand the criteria of a Business visa extension. Thanks for reading.