Legitimate Approval Letter & Visa Procedure at Vietnam Airports
Applying for a Vietnam visa is compulsory for most tourists entering at any of these 5 International Airports in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh City. By applying online here, you can receive a Visa Approval Letter before arriving in Vietnam which is simplify and time-saving.
The following is the Circular No. 190/2012 / TT-BTC dated November 9, 2012 from the Ministry of Finance (Government of Vietnam) stipulating the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees on visas:
THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, November 09, 2012
AMENDING AND SUPPLEMENTING THE CIRCULAR NO.66/2009/TT-BTC, OF MARCH 30, 2009 OF THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE STIPULATING THE REGIME ON COLLECTION, REMITTANCE, MANAGEMENT AND USE OF FEES ON PASSPORTS, VISAS AND PAPERS ON ENTRY, EXIT, TRANSIT AND RESIDENCE IN VIETNAM
Pursuant to the Ordinance on Charges and Fees No.38/2001/PL-UBTVQH of August 28, 2001, the Government’s Decree No. 57/2002/ND-CP of June 3, 2002, and Decree No. 24/2006/ND-CP of March 06, 2006, amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government’s Decree No. 57/2002/ND-CP;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 136/2007/ND-CP of August 17, 2007, on entry and exit of Vietnamese citizens
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 118/2008/ND-CP of November 27, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Finance;
At the proposal of Director of the Tax Policy Department;
The Minister of Finance promulgates Circular amending and supplementing the Circular No.66/2009/TT-BTC, of March 30, 2009 of the Ministry of Finance stipulating the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam as follows:
To amend and supplement clause 1, clause 2, clause 4 and clause 6 section II of Annex on table of fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam promulgated together with the Circular No.66/2009/TT-BTC, March 30, 2009 of the Ministry of Finance with clause 1, clause 2, clause 3, clause 4 as follows:
1-Single-entry visas: USD 45
- a) Valid for less than 01 month: USD 65
- b) Valid for less than 06 months: USD 95
- c) Valid for 6 months or more: USD 135
3- Transfer of validity of visas or temporary residence from expired passports to new passports: USD 15
4-Temporary residence cards
- a) Valid for up to 1 year: USD 80
- b) Valid for between over 1 year and 2 years: USD 100
- c) Valid for between over 2 year and 3 years: USD 120
- This Circular takes effect on January 01, 2013.
- The other content relating to fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam not mentioned in this Circular shall be implemented under provisions in the Circular No.66/2009/TT-BTC, of March 30, 2009 of the Ministry of Finance stipulating the regime on collection, remittance, management and use of fees on passports, visas and papers on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam.
- Organizations, individuals subject to pay fees and relevant agencies shall implement this Circular. In the course of implementation, any arising problems should be reported to the Ministry of Finance for consideration and settlement.
FOR THE MINISTER OF FINANCE
Vu Thi Mai
(Source: Government’s Websites)
LEGITIMATE VISA APPROVAL LETTER
Vietnam visa approval letter is issued by the Immigration Department. By presenting an approval letter at the Vietnam Airport upon arrival, visitors can get their official visa stamped into their passport. At the airport, the immigration officer will verify your information on the approval letter based on your passport. Please make sure to fill in the application form correctly when you apply, you will be granted a visa easily. If there is no approval letter, you CAN NOT check in international flights to Vietnam.
Instruction to get Vietnam visa approval letter:
- Access our official website:
- Fill in this online application form at org.vn/apply-visa/
- Make payment online with your credit card/Visa card/Master card with service fee only from USD 16/person
- Receive your visa approval letter via email (after 02 working days for normal processing, after 8 hours/4 hours for urgent processing)
- Show your visa approval letter at depart airport when checking in for a flight to Vietnam and receiving the official visa stamped into your passport at arrival airport.
For more information of the visa approval letter, please see attached photo:
-> No. 1: This is the reference number of your visa approval letter, meaning that your personal information is delivered under this code to all immigration systems at international airports.
-> No. 2: Name of the travel agent/company which supports you with all document needed to request a visa approval letter from Vietnam Immigration Department
-> No.3: Your inputted information in application form
-> No. 4: Type of visa (single entry /multiple entries) and the permitted duration of stay (01 month or three months)
-> No. 5: A copy of this approval letter will be sent to Immigration Office – the place that you do the immigration process when you land.
-> No. 6: The official stamp from Vietnam Government and signature of the person who is authorized by Vietnam Immigration Department to approve your visa issuance.
At visa counter:
There is a visa on arrival counter located in Immigration hall, you will need to prepare following document: your original passport (has at least 6 month validity and blank 02 pages), 02 photos (4X6), entry and exit form (download here), USD or VND in cash.
- 1 month & 3 months single: 25 USD
- 1 month & 3 months multiple: 50 USD
- 6 months multiple entry: 95 USD
- 1 year multiple entry: 135 USD
The Immigration officer will only issue a visa on arrival if you travel to Vietnam by airplane. If you travel by a cruise, train or bus, please contact the nearest Vietnam Embassy to get visa beforehand.
Normally, it takes at least 30 – 45 minutes to have your visa stamped into your passport. Sometimes it takes longer due to high number of travellers. To save your time, you can use our Fast Track service (This is recommended if you are in a hurry or you are travelling with children or elders)
The visa on arrival counter is opened 24/7. You still can get your visa at any Vietnam International airport on weekends.
If you need further support, kindly contact us at: [email protected]