What is a Vietnam visa renewal?
Foreigners who have the need to extend their temporary visa in Vietnam with the purpose of business, working, investing, studying, visiting relatives, traveling or other subjects. They can extend their stay time by using Vietnam visa extension service or renew a visa in Vietnam, the implementation of this service depends on the current visa and their purposes, the extension or renewal visa in Vietnam allows them to stay in Vietnam longer without leaving the country. Meanwhile, the new issuance of a Vietnam visa means that you will be issued a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with a new validity period. Your visa must be renewed before the expiration date to ensure that you will not be fined for over payment. Extension or granting new visas in Vietnam must be applied from 5 to 7 days before visa expiration date and takes 5 working days to process.
What is a Vietnam visa renewal?
Issuing a renewal visa means that the Immigration Department of Vietnam will stamp a new Visa on the valid passport, so you can stay in Vietnam until that date. With the visa renewal in Vietnam, you do not need to leave the country, as the visa renewal process will be done while you are in Vietnam. Your visa must be renewed before the expiration date to ensure that you will not be charged a penalty fee for overdue payment. Visa extension in Vietnam must be applied from 5 to 7 days before visa expiry date and it takes 5 working days to process.
Vietnam Visa extension includes the following cases:
- Business visa: can be extended up to 1 year
- Tourist visa: can only be extended maximum 3 months
* Note: Visa renewal period depends on current Visa type. So we recommend you to contact our team directly to check your case.
The difference between visa extension and renewal in Vietnam
During the visa extension or renewal process in Vietnam, you may wonder the difference between these two visas. Thus, let us do the analysis for you below:
Extension of Vietnam Visa: means that you will be allowed to stay in Vietnam and this allows you to stay in Vietnam without exiting then re-entering. Therefore, the renewal fee is much cheaper than the new Visa issuing because your passport only needs 1 stamp for renewal.
In order to extend your visa in Vietnam, your current visa must meet some requirements of the Vietnam Immigration Department. Your current visa type must match your stay extension requirements.
- Stay for 1 more month: If your current visa is a visa for 1 month, 1 month multiple times, 3 months or 3 months multiple times, you are allowed to extend your visa for 1 more month in Vietnam.
- Stay for 3 more months: If your current visa is a 3-month visa or a 3-month multiple visa, you can apply for a Vietnam visa extension for 3 more months.
New issuance of Vietnam Visa: means that you will be issued with a new visa stamp and visa sticker on your passport with a new validity period. The length of stay is valid from 1 month to 1 year depending on the purpose of entry, needs, current visa type, nationality and what documents you already have. Furthermore, the Vietnam Visa renewal fee is higher than the Vietnam Visa Extension fee because we have to pay the visa stamp and sticker fee. Visa renewal in Vietnam is ready for those having valid visas with visa stickers and visa code DN, LD, DT, NN1, NN2, LV and DL.
Conditions for visa renewal in Vietnam
To get a new Vietnam Visa, please check the following requirements below to see if you meet or not.
- Provide documents proving your temporary residency in Vietnam certified by the local police agency;
- Valid Vietnamese visa and passport;
- Visa extension file must have a sponsoring company in Vietnam;
- The validity of the visa must be shorter than its passport or international travel document at least 30 days.
Steps to apply for a new visa in Vietnam
With the target of providing the best support to international customers, we have also provided visa renewal / renewal services in Vietnam. If you live in Hanoi City or surrounding provinces or cities, we will consult the best solution for Vietnam visa extension or renewal based on your current visa type, and our team. We will also be in person to receive the documents at your address.
Before confirming visa extension and renewal services in Vietnam, you should follow these steps:
Step 1: Provide us with a scanned copy of your passport, current Vietnam visa, Vietnam entry stamp and name of entry port, and the most important things if you need it. We are reviewing your documents and advising at least 2 options for you to choose:
- Vietnam visa extension service
- Vietnam visa renewal service
Step 2: We confirm the right solution and inform you about the new Vietnam visa issuing fee and processing time
Step 3: Prepare all the necessary documents to issue a new Visa in Vietnam
- Original passport;
- Valid Vietnamese visa is marked as DL, VR or visa exemption stamp.
- Name of import port;
- Your current address in Vietnam;
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (if any);
Step 4: Submit your application to the Immigration Department of Vietnam to apply for a new visa in Vietnam, if the application is eligible, you just need to wait for the issuing new visa result in about 7 working days.
Step 5: Receive the result of the new Vietnam visa and hand over your passport and new visa stamp to you.
Required documents to renew a visa in Vietnam
Foreigners who are working, staying and having a sponsor company in Vietnam, with a valid visa and passport
Visa force DN / LD / NN1 / NN2 / TT should have the following documents:
- Company legal files include:
+ A certified copy of the business registration certificate or the investment registration certificate or representative office establishment;
+ Seal registration certificate and tax code registration certificate (if any);
- Original passport;
- Valid Vietnam Visa;
- Vietnamese work permit (if any);
- The visa extension application is signed and sealed by the legal representative of the company
- Original certificate of temporary residence in Vietnam (residence record);
- In case a foreigner accompanies a relative, a family relationship must be provided (papers must be legalized, translated, notarized in accordance with the law):
+ Relatives recognized as spouses must have a marriage certificate;
+ Relatives claiming to be children must have a birth certificate.
Where to apply for a new visa in Vietnam
The visa renewal period in Vietnam is from 5 to 7 working days, these are the contact details of the three major immigration departments in all three major regions of Vietnam – North, Central and South:
Ho Chi Minh:
- Immigration Department of Ho Chi Minh City Police: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- Immigration Department of Public Security: 254 Nguyen Trai, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
In Da Nang:
- Immigration Department of Police: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang 550000
- Immigration Department of the Ministry of Public Security: 7 Tran Quy Cap, Da Nang City
- Hanoi Police Immigration Department 44 Pham Ngoc Thach, Phuong Lien, Dong Da, Hanoi
- Immigration Department of Ministry of Public Security: 44-46 Tran Phu, Hanoi, Vietnam