Vietnam e-visa pilot starts from 01 Feb 2017
On 22 Nov 2016, Vietnam National Assembly passed the resolution on piloting the issuance of e-visas for foreigners. The e-visa pilot scheme will be effective for 2 years, starting from 01 Feb 2017.
E-visas will be issued by Vietnam Immigration Department via digital transactions and will be applied to 1 month (30 days), single entry. Expected processing time is 3 working days and processing fee is paid online, non-refundable.
The Vietnamese government is working to decide which nationalities will become eligible for the program and which Vietnamese border gates will allow foreigners to enter by e-visas.
The new type of visa is expected to ease the immigration procedure for tourists and boost the domestic tourism, following the extension of visa exemption for citizens of the UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany.
Source: VNExpress, VietNamNews
Official Resolution (in Vietnamese) can be found here
- Vietnam e-visa pilot starts from 01 Feb 2017 (22/01/17)
- Vietnam extends visa waiver for five European countries (04/07/16)
- More Vietnam visa waiver planned (13/07/15)
- Vietnam grants visa exemption to five countries in Europe (19/06/15)
- Foreign arrivals increase sharply in June (27/06/13)
- Tourist visa exemptions necessary (16/06/13)
- VAT refund granted to 3,700 turns of foreign tourists (12/06/13)
- Tourism police to protect foreigners (22/05/13)
- Nepal - new destination for Vietnam tourists (15/05/13)
- Vietnam - ideal venue for Russian tourists (03/05/13)