Vietnam Visa News
Vietnam to welcome the six millionth visitor
Vietnam is expected to welcome the six millionth international visitor in late December, marking a successful year for the country’s tourism, according to the National Administration of Tourism.
In the January- November period, the sector saw a year-on-year increase of 17.8 percent in the number of foreign visitors.
China remains the largest market for Vietnam’s tourism with 1.2 million visitors, up 49 percent.
The success is attributed to the sector’s great efforts, with numerous activities including Carnival Week in Ha Long Bay, an International Firework Competition in Danang City, Marine Week in Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa province and various activities of the National Tourism Year in southern coastal provinces.
The surge in the number of foreign arrivals has become a strong impetus for the upcoming 2012 National Tourism Year.
- Nepal - new destination for Vietnam tourists (15/05/13)
- Vietnam - ideal venue for Russian tourists (03/05/13)
- Tourist attractions packed with holiday-makers (03/05/13)
- Hanoi welcomes 5.12 million visitors in Q1 (08/04/13)
- Central region feels uneasy about tourism industry in 2013 (12/03/13)
- Foreign tourists eye Hanoi as attractive destination (20/01/13)
- 100 seconds to introduce Vietnam’s landscape and people (08/01/13)
- Int’l arrivals set new record (27/12/12)
- Vietnam one of attractive destinations for tourists in 2013 (25/12/12)
- Strong breath of life on My Khe beach (27/11/12)