Vietnam Visa News
Ha Long Bay listed among new seven natural wonders
Vietnam’s Ha Long Bay has been named among the world\'s new seven wonders of nature, according to an international survey by the New7Wonders Foundation.
The preliminary results of the survey were announced after votes were taken among 400 sites around the world. The voting ended at exactly 11:11pm, 11/11/2011.
The Swiss Foundation, who conducted the poll, said that they would confirm the list early next year, and that there may be some changes from the preliminary list.
Ha Long Bay, was recognised by UNESCO as a World Natural Heritage site on December 17 1994, and was placed among the 28 final candidates for the Swiss Foundation\'s project on September 27 of this year.
The bay covers a total area of 1,553 square kilometres, including 1,969 islands. It has a coastline of 120 km.
At a recent meeting with authorities from Quang Ninh Province, Malaysian Tourism Minister Dato Sri DR. Ng Yen Yen suggested that helicopter tours of the bay should be started.
She added that the Malaysian budget carrier, AirAsia, plans on starting a new route from Kuala Lumpur to Danang next month, and that Ha Long may be its next destination.
- Foreign arrivals increase sharply in June (27/06/13)
- Tourist visa exemptions necessary (16/06/13)
- VAT refund granted to 3,700 turns of foreign tourists (12/06/13)
- Tourism police to protect foreigners (22/05/13)
- Nepal - new destination for Vietnam tourists (15/05/13)
- Vietnam - ideal venue for Russian tourists (03/05/13)
- Tourist attractions packed with holiday-makers (03/05/13)
- Hanoi welcomes 5.12 million visitors in Q1 (08/04/13)
- Central region feels uneasy about tourism industry in 2013 (12/03/13)
- Foreign tourists eye Hanoi as attractive destination (20/01/13)