Vietnam Visa Overview
Some may think it is a bit complicated to get a Visa to Vietnam. In fact, Vietnam is now open and warmly welcomes tourists in the world. And thus, if you know how, it is not only uncomplicated but also easy and simple.
To best assist you – our precious potential tourists, we provide you with some useful information to bear in mind if you would like to apply for a visa to Vietnam:
Vietnam Visa Exemption
Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without an Entry Visa, specifically as follows:
- Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
- Not more than 21 days: for citizens of Philippines.
- Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russia and Cambodia.
- French citizens holding valid diplomatic passports are exempt from visa requirements when visiting Vietnam and are allowed to stay for up 3 months at one time or on several visits within six months since their first immigration dates.
- Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports are exempt from needing entry, exit and transit visas in Vietnam’s territory and are allowed to stay for up 60 days on each visit.
Citizens from all other countries are required to get an Entry Visa before departure or a pre-approved Entry Visa (issued on arrival at Vietnam’s International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam.
Visa-to-Vietnam Application Process: Direct and Indirect Methods
The whole Vietnam Visa procedure might be a little bit complicated if you do not know exactly what steps to take in order.
It is common that you obtain your Entry Visa by having a valid passport stamped prior to your departure by applying to the Vietnam Embassy and/or Consulate (in case there’s a Consulate instead of Embassy) in your country, which may take from 4 to 10 working days.
However, applying directly brings in some disadvantages if your particular city does not have a Vietnamese Embassy, and there are 4 to 10 – day procedural delays which sometimes happen with visa approvals at embassies outside Vietnam. Thus, in this case, using a Vietnam Visa online service (a real qualitative one) can make this requirement a fairly easy exercise. GetvisaVietnam.com provides you with a reliable service with simple and much quicker procedures that is Visa on arrival.
Visa on Arrival will be your best option for you:
- In case there is no Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in your country, or
- You would like to make Vietnam part of a multi-destination trip, or simply
- You do not want to wait for your visa stamped after 4-10 working days at Vietnam Embassy,
What is a ‘Visa on Arrival ?’:
Visa on arrival is only applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam and your visa will be stamped at Vietnam airport. For visa on arrival, you apply online at our website www.getvisavietnam.com to 1 working day (urgent service) or 2-3 working days (normal service). With this visa approval letter, passport, 2 photos and stamping fee (25 USD for single entry visa, 50 USD for multiple entry visa), your visa will be stamped at Vietnam airport.
This is probably the easiest way to obtain your visa without having to chase down embassies, consulates and the like prior to your trip. It is a valid alternative when applying for a tourist/business visa. The Entry Visa will be stamped on your passport as you pass through our Immigration Checkpoint.
How to get a Visa on Arrival: The service also facilitates customers at most in this case. We obtain what is called a ‘Vietnam Approval Letter’ for you from the Vietnam Immigration Department. Then we will send you a copy by fax or email. Copies of the same document will be forwarded on your behalf to Vietnam Immigration Checkpoints at International Airports only. Thus when you arrive in Vietnam, the Immigration officers will have those documents on hand and will be able to issue your Entry Visa expediently..